Sync files only one way - Computer --> "Server"

Hi,

I just started to use BitTorrent Sync, and i have to say the concept is really great! :D

Here is my "problem":

I recently set up BTSync on my ubuntu server to have a computer that is always on to sync my files to my laptop, desktop and phone. I also use the server as a Plex Media Server for all my movies and tv-shows. I currently use ftp to transfer all the media from either my laptop or desktop.

What I would like to have is a way to just drop the files in a folder on my laptop that then syncs the files to a specific folder on the server, without having to sync the folder both ways. I don't have 2 TB of space on my laptop, and then there would be no point :P When the syncing is complete I want to be able to delete the file(s) on my laptop, but that it stays on the server.

Is this possible with the current version, or is there some other way to do it?

Thanks!

- Ominator

Alright, maybe I'll try setting up a cron job. :)

Thanks for the reply!

EDIT:

After reading the FAQ i think i found my answer:

Is one-way synchronization possible?

Yes, starting from the version 1.0.95 BitTorrent Sync features one-way synchronization. It is established via read only secret (permanent or one-time). Any folder with a read-only secret will be fully synced, but changes made in this folder will not be synced back.

- Ominator