Sync Local and Network Drive

schutzer

Using Mac 10.8.4.

Want to sync a folder on my local HD with a folder on my corporate network connected via smb. I added the file path and generated a code for the local file. I then added the path to the networked folder and used the code. I get an error that says, "selected folder is already added to BitTorrent Sync.

How can I sync these two folders?

Sounds like someone else might have created a sync on the corporate folder, which presents an interesting security aspect, how would a system admin know if his/her server folders were being synced?

I got that same error when I tried creating a sync from a 3rd PC to my main PC, I had forgotten that I already had a sync on that folder on the main to a 2nd PC. Once I copied the key from the master to the 3rd PC it worked.

• 1 year later...

I have not solved using BT Sync directly as I think BTSync also needs to be running on the server side (per 12345lamacun). What I have done is to use another sync program (SynKit; Mac) that will sync my local drive with the network automatically and daily. Then BTSync handles the immediate synchronization across all of the "local" drives. If I need to be sure that a file is synced immediately I have SynKit do a manual update and the BT is automatic.

Maybe not the best system, but that is what I came up with. Would be happy to hear other possibilities.