Multiple NIC card

Hello,

I found a bug on PC with multiple network cards. My PC (W2k3R2SP2) has two network cards, one for connectivity to the Internet and the other to the internal network. On each card is a different IP addressing. If both cards are active and BTSync starts it binds to one of these two cards. Everything seems to work, but sync works sometimes and sometimes not.

Through trial and error I found that if I disable the network card to the internal network before the BTSync start everything is working fine.

So there is probably an error in the determination, through which the card is to communicate. It would be good to be able to specify which network card has BTSync used.

(to be exact, the machine with multiple network card is a "server" and other PC's "clients" connecting to this machine via Internet - the other network card. So if BTSync bind to network card with internal network, nothing is synchronized.)

I use BTSync 1.1.48 for Windows (Server 2003R2 and 7)

Hello,

I found a bug on PC with multiple network cards. My PC (W2k3R2SP2) has two network cards, one for connectivity to the Internet and the other to the internal network. On each card is a different IP addressing. If both cards are active and BTSync starts it binds to one of these two cards. Everything seems to work, but sync works sometimes and sometimes not.

Through trial and error I found that if I disable the network card to the internal network before the BTSync start everything is working fine.

So there is probably an error in the determination, through which the card is to communicate. It would be good to be able to specify which network card has BTSync used.

(to be exact, the machine with multiple network card is a "server" and other PC's "clients" connecting to this machine via Internet - the other network card. So if BTSync bind to network card with internal network, nothing is synchronized.)

I use BTSync 1.1.48 for Windows (Server 2003R2 and 7)

I did not think that BTS bound itself to a NIC. I think it uses the IP stack like any other application.

When BTS does not work, do other services work if accessed from the Internet?

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm also interested in finding out more too. I've got a couple similar issues:

I've got a win7 laptop that I'm trying to sync with a ubuntu fileserver. The laptop has multiple NICs (wifi, and Gigabit Ethernet). I'd like the syncing to occur through either nics, but my scenario is further complicated. Sometimes I enable routing through my laptop. There is a bug with win7 routing where it doesn't play well with the wifi, so I hook up a hardline through the GE port and routes out through my hotspot. In this scenario, I find out my laptop IP changes from 192.168.137.xyz to 192.168.137.1. My fileserver stays constant at 192.168.137.zzz. When the laptop is at 192.168.137.1 the syncing is happening fine, but when I turn off the hotspot routing and the laptop GE nic changes IP to 192.168.137.xyz, the fileserver doesn't find the laptop peer irrespective of how long I wait. I'm taking a guess that if I originally installed bittorrent sync and somehow it bound to my .xyz address, then it wouldn't work correctly when my laptop operates with the .1 ip address.

This problem took me days to nail down, but for some reason the win7 laptop btsync is bound to my 192.168.137.1 address, and when windows changes it to 192.168.137.xyz, my ubuntu peer can no longer locate my laptop.

It sure would be nice for bitorrent sync to somehow tell me which interfaces it is playin with, because it isn't going through the stack and binding to all interfaces evidentily.

I also see similar problems with ubuntu. If I install through the apt package manager, I'm evidently asked which port to bind to eg 0.0.0.0 or an external IP. If I download the app directly from this website, there is a ./btsync app with no installation, and it evidently binds to 0.0.0.0:8888 only for the gui, and if I try to access it remotely, it says "connection refused".

@dd6905

When discovering peers in LAN (if LAN discovery option is ON) Sync will try to find peers multicasting over port 3838. And starting from version 1.4 it subscribes and multicasts to all available interfaces. When issue reproduces I suggest checking who is subscribed to multicast and if your router distributes them correctly.