Sleep problems

foxcub

I have the following problem with a BT Sync running on a Mac laptop. I have a client running on an always-on desktop at work (Linux) and on my laptop (Mac). If I launch BT Sync on my laptop on either network, it happily finds my work desktop. But if I put it to sleep and wake it up on the other network, it doesn't. If I put it to sleep and wake it up on the original network, everything works again. I've had this problem since starting to use BT Sync a few months ago, and it's persisted across versions. The current version running on both computers is 1.1.48.

Is this a known problem? Are there any suggestions as to what I could try to fix it?

I assume the problem resolves itself if you restart Sync after waking up the device once you've changed networks?

Also, when you say it's on a different network, is the connection type still the same at both your home/work locations? i.e. wired LAN at both, or wireless LAN at both locations? - if it's wired at one, but wireless at the other, this will likely explain the issue, as Sync will attempt to connect to the same network card upon resuming after sleep - it won't go searching for other network cards until you restart the app.