How to enforce LAN only Sync?

Vamp07

Sorry if this has been asked before. If I have a folder I want to only sync over LAN I have to run off "Use relay server" and "Use Tracker server" on both instances of bitTorrent sync? I can't have a machine that only sycs a folder when on the LAN but also have other machines that sync regardless? LAN only sync can only be enforced if both sides have those settings?

Thanks

That's a great suggestion. I appreciate being able to control use of tracker server and relay servers but If I had to choose I would rather just have a "lan only" since those two other options are probably going to be used in 99% of the cases to lock down lan only. Mostly I wish i had a way of making it lan only without having to do it by forcing at both ends. Maybe on one machine I want a directory to only sync on the lan but on another I want that same directory to sync no matter where. The way the options are set up now I'm pretty sure that unless all machines have tracker off you end up synching because one can find the other (I may be wrong about this but I think in my test that was the case).

• 1 year later...

What about android BitTorrent Sync?

I had a folder A shared on PC01, synced with Android01 at home-LAN. BitTorrent Sync on Android is set to not using mobile data. So it will Sync only when I connected to my home-LAN. It works fine until here.

Now I shared the folder A to PC02 at office-LAN (another network). At first, the approval wont appear on PC01 since I already disabled Relay, Trackers and DHT Options. So I turned it on for awhile and approved the PC02 into the sync. Then turn it back off. What I assume is Android01 was connected to office-LAN now and it should sync with PC02.

However, I found that PC01 is also uploading for PC02 together with my Android01. I do not want PC01 at home using internet's upload. I double checked both PC01 and PC02 had disabled Relay, Trackers and DHT Options. However, there is no options to disable in Android01. Do I need to do anything on Android01?