Full access sync of camera roll (not just one way sync to PC)?

ashes000

First off, let me say I searched for hours on this forum before asking this question.  Thanks

Hello all, I am trying to get my wife's IOS iPhone 5's camera folder to do a two way (full) sync with my pc.  As I see it I am only able to backup the camera roll, but that seems like a one way sync.  My goal, which I have completed on my Android phone is as follows.

Create a two way sync between a folder on my computer and the camera folder (On iPhone).  When pictures are taken they are btsynced to my computer's bysync folder.  I have a special script that runs ever night, and looks for pics and vids that are older than 7 days in the bysnc folder on the desktop.  If they are younger than 7 days the files stay in that folder.  If they are older than 7 days, then they are moved from the BT sync folder on the computer to a folder on my NAS for later human review.  Once the files are removed from the bysync folder on the desktop, then btsync removes them from the camera folder on the phone.  This process creates a 7 day media history on my phones on, and allows me to move them to a review folder to determine if we want to keep the pics and vids or just delete them.

I have been able to get this working with my Android Samsung skyrocket S3.  I want to be able to do the same thing for my wife's iPhone 5.  I am tired of copying (via usb cable) 4-6 GB of pictures and videos at the most inconvenience time possible, which takes a few hours to complete at times.

I know that IOS have several limitation, or at least they did the last time I played with one.  Is the fact that IOS does not allow user interaction to the file/folder level preventing us from setting up a Full (2 way ) sync between a computer folder and the camera roll folder?    

I'm an Android/Linux guy, and not much exp w/iDevices.   Thanks in advanced for any help.  

Ash,

BM-2D8GmCN65LpYtHadWT2etA9z1xbgDYF6hk

Anton - Thanks for the reply!

An application can't delete files from Camera Roll. That is why we don't make full access synchronization for Camera Roll on iOS.

Anyone - Since I'm not being a iDevice guy, does anyone know if this is something that is likely to change with IOS7 coming out?  If not I need to rethink how I backup my wife's photos.  Maybe use BTsync as manual backup (still no usb), and then run my script to move it out of bysnc folder on desktop, then have her delete all files in her camera roll.  I have to say that I sure love the openness of Android :) 

Have a great day!

Ash,

I don't think Apple will allow applications to delete photos from Camera Roll ever.

But you can do something like this:
 - set up Photo Backup on iOS device
 - add your BTSync folder that contains the photos from the last 7 days to iOS device as the regular Sync folder.
The is the only restriction: your wife will have to delete photos from Camera Roll.