Syncing 600GB (10 million Files) - Recommend Settings?

joepc

Hi,

I have been trying to sync a windows directory to another server for a few days now and all the usual file comparison / sync apps fail due to the number of files.

I set-up BitTorrent sync and it appears to be working great but I'm a little concerned the default settings might not be ideal for this data?

Does anyone have experience of syncing a large amount of small files? LAN to LAN

Thanks, Joe

Hi Joe,

Regarding the default settings, you could turn off DHT, tracker and relay server and turn on search LAN, if you only intend to use it within a LAN, maybe even insert your hosts in the predefined hosts section.

@deem: I use the x64 version of btsync and this the output of file I get on the btsync executable, so I think BTsync is 64 bit capable on   supported platforms, thereby expanding the maximum number.

btsync: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (FreeBSD), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

I have very good experiences for large volume sycncing with "Syncovery" (http://www.syncovery.com/)

Hi,

I have been trying to sync a windows directory to another server for a few days now and all the usual file comparison / sync apps fail due to the number of files.

I set-up BitTorrent sync and it appears to be working great but I'm a little concerned the default settings might not be ideal for this data?

Does anyone have experience of syncing a large amount of small files? LAN to LAN

Thanks, Joe