btsync-user on Ubuntu overwrites local config file upon startup

lebedov

I'm trying to manually add shared folders to my local .btsync.conf file with btsync-user 1.1.82-2 on Ubuntu 13.04 (I prefer not to use the web GUI). After making the modifications and restarting btsync, however, I noticed that the modifications were overwritten (and the shared folders consequently not added). This apparently was because the btsync-starter script (which is invoked by /usr/bin/btsync start) unconditionally overwrites the local config file. Shouldn't the script check whether .btsync.conf is present before overwriting it?

Ok, my terminology was not totally correct. Currently there is no manual about the whole btsync-user stuff. I used the word "manual" only for the pun. What I meant was the documentation. All important facts about btsync-user are currently documented in the initial posting of the corresponding forum message http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/19560-debian-and-ubuntu-desktop-packages-for-bittorrent-sync/ and in the installed README file.

The included man page documents only the commands of the btsync control script. The included PDF is the official documentation of the btsync engine as provided by the BitTorrent developers. This is only a naked application without any deployment and visible UI and the documentation handles only functionality of the core application.