DNS Requests don't respond to change between network profiles

scrisco

I am currently running Btsync version 1.2.73 on Linux x64 and am experiencing problems when switching between network profiles.

I commonly switch between two different network profiles, one for my home network and one for the network at my University. Each network uses different DNS Servers. 

When I leave the bittorrentsync client running on my laptop and switch from my "home" network profile to my "University" network profile, the bittorrentsync client is unable to reestablish a connection to the devices it was connected with on my "home" network.

Upon analysis with Wireshark, I noticed that outbound DNS requests to the btsync traker servers were being sent to the old DNS Server that I use on my "home" network instead of to the new DNS Servers provided by the "University" Network.

This means that I have to restart btsync everytime I switch between the two networks because it seems not recognize the updated DNS Servers.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

It is a known issue - Sync isn't able to handle changes in network settings (i.e. IP address changing, etc) whilst it is running.

When changing networks/IP addresses, etc you need to close Sync and restart it for Sync to detect changes.

- Think of it this way, if you're watching a YouTube video and your IP address suddenly changes, or you connect to a different Wireless network mid-playback for example, playback will stop until you reload the page/click play again - it won't automatically continue of its own accord - well, it's the same sort of thing with Sync!