Memory Usage

verloren

I'm running btsync on a VPS with 2G of memory (1.8GB shown as free on reboot using free -h).  When I start btsync the memory gradually drops to ~25MB.  I'm syncing ~200GB from multiple sources, covering about 140,000 files.  The log file doesn't seem to show anything interesting - there are a bunch of "ReadFile error" messages for some iPhoto/Aperture files that I guess it struggles to get a lock on, and some errors such as:

[20140113 11:16:45.622] UPnP: Could not map UPnP Port on this pass, retrying.

[20140113 11:16:50.618] UPnP: Unable to map port 37.187.98.29:62573 with UPnP.

Is this amount of memory usage normal, and if not what can I do about it?

Cheers, Paul

Yes. I can confirm that for the current 1.2.82 releases. In the last couple of days I did lots of tests with my 16 shares (132GB, 72,000 files):

2GB RAM/200GB HDD vServer Linux - crashed when adding the last two shares (nothing else running on that machine), dCacheSize/kMemSize

4GB RAM/400GB HDD vServer Linux - had occupied system resources at 99%

16GB RAM/800GB HDD vServer Linux - is running without problems

4GB RAM/800GB HDD Windows 8.1 - crashes during re-index (boot of machine) with an HANDLE LOW error

8GB RAM/800GB HDD Winows 8.1 - (that same machine) works without any problems

Re-index (during boot or automatically during application run) beats all my systems.

This is beta software - so I'm quiet comfortable with it. But for general availability this needs to be fixed.