Inconsistent Indexing

heichhj

Hello,

I am rather new with BitTorrentSync and have a problem:

When setting up new sync between already existing folders on my desktop and my laptop (both running under WIN7 32 bit) I have got inconsistent results from the indexing (right after setting up the sync). The detais that worry me are.

Desktop:

Win7 reports: 94,9 GB; 36,315 files; 6,720 folders

BitTorrent reports: 68,3 GB; 36,221 files

Laptop:

Win7 reports: 94.9 GB; 36,315 files; 6,270 folders

BitTorrent reports: 94.7 GB; 36,235 files

Can someone help and explain this? What can be the reason for such s significant difference between WIN7 counts and BitTorrent counts non both machines?

Hermann

Meanwhile I solved the abovementioned issue. But have now another "strange" behaviour that I want to clarify:

I started the sync with 36,016 files that the indexing of BitTorrentSync reported on both folders (one on my desktop, one on my laptop). I have got the same conts from WIN7. This looked fine.

But when the sync was finished BitToorent reports now 37,876 files (on both folders). And WIN7 still reports the initial number of files 36,016. I have to stress that the data on both folders were indentical before I started the sync. I observerd some exchanges (reported by BitTorrent). Maybe this has to do with different timestamps or other features of files that BitTorrent analyses. But definetively the number of files has not chnaged (according to WIN7).

Why does BitTorrent increase the number of files????

Hermann