Bt Sync Android: Device Backup, Ignoring Deletions?

garyo

Just started with BT Sync.  So far it seems great; I'm using it to back up my Android to my PC.  I've noticed that when I delete a file on the Android, the PC syncs the deletion.  (It may go into the archive, but I believe that gets deleted after some time?)

What I'd like is a permanent backup of all my photos, so I can delete them off the device but know that they're still on my server PC.  Is that a possibility with BT Sync?

(Also one other thing: I wish BT Sync on Android had an option to only run when connected to a charger.)

garyo,

All the files that are removed by BTSync due to removal on another peer are actually dropped to ".SyncArchive" hidden subfolder. SyncArchive stores files for 1 month by default, after that they are removed permanently. However, this behavior can be adjusted. You can set "sync_trash_ttl" advanced preference to "0" which means "never clean up my syncarchive". In this case your backup folder will always contain a copy of Android folder, while all deleted files and folders will be stored in SyncArchive.

• 2 months later...