Setting Up A Sync

NYC-HDL

I was an early adopter of FolderShare, and have been looking for a viable replacement ever since Microsoft destroyed it...

Specifically, I am looking for a simple way to sync the "Foo" folder on PC-A with the "Bar" folder on PC-B, WITHOUT my data residing on any 3rd-party platform in between.

BitTorrent Sync sounds like it may be the best answer for me, however, certain functions are not clear from what I have read so far...  Will BitTorrent Sync let me do the following?:

1. Designate Folders on one PC to Sync with specific Folders on a second PC, regardless if each Folder-Pair has identical names or not?

2. Is there a Graphical User-interface that enables me to see how the Folders on one PC are "paired" with their Sync'ed Folder on the second PC?

Maybe I was looking in the wrong place, but I could not find any screen shots of the Set-up process -- I would be very appreciative if someone could provide a reference to see screen shots.

My thanks in advance!

1. Designate Folders on one PC to Sync with specific Folders on a second PC, regardless if each Folder-Pair has identical names or not?

Yes! Folder names do not have to be identical across your devices - so you could sync a folder named "A" on one device with a folder named "B" on another

2. Is there a Graphical User-interface that enables me to see how the Folders on one PC are "paired" with their Sync'ed Folder on the second PC?

The "Devices" tab of the user interface will show with which other devices each folder is currently syncing with (when they're online)