Install On 2 Nas Boxes - What If My Sync Folders Both Already Have Data?

Hopefully a really basic, dummy question...

I have 2 Synology NAS drives, which I am looking at installing BTSYNC onto.

Each already has folders which were 'nearly' in sync - I used to have a VPN between the 2 sites these NAS boxes sit on, and use a windows client (SyncToy) to Sync between them - but due to other changes, the VPN is no longer an option - hence switching to an alternative way of syncing.

So, NAS A has a folder which is \\NAS-A\Data - NAS B has a similar (but not identical) folder which is \\NAS-B\Data

I've already setup BTSYNC on NAS A and added \\NAS-A\Data as a new folder

What I would then like to do is setup BTSYNC on NAS B, and for it to copy everything from \\NAS-A\Data into \\NAS-B\Data (which doesn't already exist) and everything on \\NAS-B\Data onto \\NAS-A\Data (which doesn't already exist)

...but I've a feeling, instead, I'm going to end up with the data on \\NAS-B\Data deleted and replaced with an exact copy of \\NAS-A\Data - but I can't find anything in the FAQs to confirm this!

So working with local and remote folders which already contain data, how do I setup BTSYNC?

• 1 month later...

Not based on facts, but on gut feeling, I would do the first when btsync is mature (I guess that's next year) and do the latter now.

I still have 1 combo where one side claims the folders are synced and the other side says it needs another gigabyte.

Before running btsync these folders were synced using rsync because it was much faster.

It's because 1 side only has 1 Mbit upload I'm not doing a complete resync.

Cheers