Nice New Webif, But Why Is It Only On The X64 Linux Version

frater

I just installed the new btsync 1.3.105 on a 64-bit system and on a 32-bit system.

Only the 64-bit version has the improved interface.

Why?

PS...   I also noticed that the size is given in bytes Even if it is more a gigabyte. (on the "old" webinterface). I don't think it was that way in previous versions....

PS PS...   I'm somehow unable to delete .sync/webui.zip on that NAS even though I am superuser... I assume this is also the reason why the webif isn't replaced. It's too late now to further troubleshoot.

• 3 weeks later...

@frater,

New WebUI is present on both x86 and x64 platforms. Also, volume units are applied correctly in my lab - so if you share the circumstances when they start being displayed in bytes, I'll appreciate.

As for replacement - it is surprising. The "webui.zip" is not open for usage by BTSync. Why do you want to delete it? Why not just update the binary?

@frater,

As for replacement - it is surprising. The "webui.zip" is not open for usage by BTSync. Why do you want to delete it? Why not just update the binary?

The binary was already replaced and running. It looked strange.

I noticed that webui.zip was quite old so I stopped the daemon and delete the file so it could get rebuilt.

I wasn't able to delete it as a superuser. Finally I copied the complete .sync folder, removed webui.zip in that copy. Then renamed .sync to another name. Named the copied folder .sync and restarted the device.

Now it's running fine.

BTW.I had to repeat this whole procedure on a 2nd NAS (also a Qnap) that had exactly the same problem.

All other Linux devices were easy to upgrade.

Cheers