Prefilled Sync Folder From Compressed Files, Keep Downloading Everything

gloupi

Hi,

We are working with remote people. They need a 50 GB database. As our internet bandwidth isn't large enough to upload 10 x 50 GB. I have upload the basic stuffs, as compressed files to a cloud (Mega). Download is very quick for the user. then they have to uncompress every files i a folder. Finally they set Bitsync.

I thought it should be the same file, and bitsync should detect it has nothing to download.

In the contrary, it syncs every file.

How can i make bitsync not to download the uncompressed files ?

(Bitsync is then used to synchronise any news files, which work great)

Best Regards,

xavier

@gloupi

BTSync should identify that files are the same and do not transfer them. You have pretty big volume of data, so it will take BTSync a while to hash all of them. I suspect that process of hashing (indexing) might make you thinking that files are actually transferred.

2 things to check:

1) As Harold said - do you see actual transfer going in "Transfer" tab?

2) Is the remote dir structure and file paths are the same? Even the minor difference will force BTSync to re-transfer files.

@gloupi

If BTSync is transferring them - it will show the transfer speed below, trying to saturate your bandwidth.

If it is not transferring files, the transfer speed would be symbolic - like 3-5kb/sec and files will switch in transfer tab really quickly, while transfer queue will be diminishing quickly.