Feature Request Btsync.exe <Version>

dualsweat

Current Behavior:

From the Bit Torrent Sync Download Page when you download BTsync.exe it does not tell you the version number.

New Behavior:

From the Bit Torrent Sync Download Page when you download BTsync.exe, the file name should include the version number.

For example:

BTSync_1_3_106.exe

With the current behavior I can just plonk BTSync.exe into whatever directory it's installed in. With your suggested change I would have to manually delete the old version and rename the exe back to BTSync.exe every time.

Also, every web link would have to be updated every time there was a new version, instead of pointing to the newest version automatically. (This could be worked around by creating a /newest link that internally redirects to the current exe.)

• 1 month later...

I +1 this.

If you're using wget, you can just rename with "-o" (or "-O"? I regularley confuse them and read the man page).

You could just make the download link provided being "btsync-1_4_75.tar.gz" being a redirect to "btsync.tar.gz". That should allow every browser to create the "btsync.tar.gz" file properly.

Regards,

Stephan.