Sync Link Type Lost? 1.4.72

I am trying to establish if I am linking via the cloud or directly with the new 1.4.72 version, but I must be missing something?  The older versions had a cloud symbol or arrows that indicated direct or 'via a tracker/router in the sky'  This seems to have disappeared?  I am in China and all traffic to the bittorrent servers is blocked/being filtered, so I need to open a VPN to establish contact between computers even though they are only 500 m away.  Interestingly it appears that I only need open the vpn on one computer, not both??  In V1.3.109 this seemed to work, and I could see the computers talking via the web, and sometimes they would be able to establish a direct connection whereby I could turn off the vpn and keep connected.  They would NEVER be able to establish the first connection without a vpn running which is why I suspect filtering is stopping this.  However, now I am on 1.4.72 on both of these machines I cannot tell what type of connection is being made.  It would be useful to be able to distinguish between LAN, Cloud and direct web connections as I currently have no idea.  It is difficult enough trying to get onto the web outside of China, trying to do it on two computers in physically different locations is a nightmare - thanks Teamviewer by the way for enabling me to at least see both computers from one desk!  In fact, Teamviewers servers are NOT being blocked, as I am ALWAYS able to see my computers in this app, with or without a vpn - and without is WAY faster (obviously)   - maybe Bittorrent should see why??  

Anyway, back to the point, what happened to the link symbols?? am I missing them somewhere, or were they taken out?