Syncing Unnecessary Files

wright546

I have a Windows XP SP3 computer running Bittorrent Sync 1.3.109.

I have an Android 4.4.2 phone running Bittorrent Sync 1.4.36.0

I have a folder of music that is about 20GB on my PC.  I had it 100% synced to my phone, and then I turned off Bittorrent Sync on my phone for a few weeks because I hadn't added anything new and didn't need it running.  I got some new music and added it to the folder on my WinXP computer, and then started Bittorrent Sync again on my phone.  For some reason it is trying to download the entire 20GB again, and not just the new music I added.

I can only guess that it's because timestamps have changed or something like that.  I'm sure in the few weeks I didn't have Bittorrent Sync running something changed that altered the file modified timestamp or something either on my PC or my phone.

Is there a way to force Bittorrent Sync to only sync files that are missing, and not sync anything based on timestamp or modified date?

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to force Bittorrent Sync to only sync files that are missing, and not sync anything based on timestamp or modified date?

No, the whole purpose of Sync is to keep your files in sync. If changes are detected, Sync will act upon them.

It's likely that some other application "touched" your music files, which caused their hashed/timestamps to change, prompting Sync to re-sync them.