Ignored @eadir, Sync Directory Deletion

rupa

The scenario:

I have a Synology NAS which stores many extended attributes in a extra directory called '@eaDir'.  I normally hide this directory by adding @eaDir to the .sync/IgnoreList.

This is syncing to my Android phone.  So, on the synology we see:

directory/File.mp3

directory/@eaDir/File.mp3/01APIC_00.png

Any action that removes the directory through normal (NAS, eg: smb, web) means removes the corresponding extended attribute.  Deleting the file through rm or unlink however leaves the fake EA out there.

So, I add @eaDir IgnoreList.  No extra @eaDir crap gets synced to the Android.  However, when I delete stuff, the @eaDir crap is left alone.

Even when I delete the containing directory, the @eaDir is left.  So then the Android gets the directory synced back.  Of course, on the Android the directory is empty.  The only way I can 'fix' it is to login to the NAS and delete the directory from there.

Anyone dealing with the same issue?

Suggestion:  When removing a directory, if there are ONLY elements in that directory that are in the ignore list, remove them and then the directory on the synology.  I realize this may be undesirable, so maybe the behavior should be optional on a per-share basis with a way to set a default system wide.

Thoughts?