Files Disappearing Forever/on Uninstall?

Andarel

I downloaded bittorrent sync to mess around with and see if I could get it working, and when I set up the folder I noticed my file extensions had changed.  I checked that my files were there (they were), and saw that all their extensions had changed.  After seeing if I could access them from anything else (I couldn't, they were read-only for some reason) I decided to uninstall BitTorrent Sync...and everything went with it. Everything.

I immediately reinstalled it to check all the archiving that might exist - since I saved settings - but I'm completely screwed, right?

Considering my external just blew out, guess I need to see if I can somehow restore all the data in some other way...it's a pretty massive loss.

@Andarel

Could you please elaborate how exactly the extensions of your files has changed? What kind of files you were syncing and if these files were in use while synced?

When Sync is changing the file (=delivering from other peer) - it saves a copy to .sync\Archive subfolder - mind checking it for old copies.