Write Key From Android

paralaks

I have an obsolete android phone with 4GB free space on it. I wanted to use it as a server for sync. It will be connected to wireless at home at all times and my pc/laptop/tablet will be able to sync files between each other any time by just having that obsolete phone on. When I tried to set it up that way, I realized I can only add a backup folder with a read key. What I am trying to do is very similar to described here: http://blog.bittorrent.com/2013/05/23/how-i-created-my-own-personal-cloud-using-bittorrent-sync-owncloud-and-raspberry-pi/ 

I realize the only way I can have such setup is to have a writable folder in android device (write key for a backup folder). Please add this feature as a high priority so that people like me can use their old devices that way rather than trashing them. 

The best thing would be, I can add an SD card or even a flash disk to my old phone and l can have a dozens of gigs of space that I can use! 

Edited by paralaks

I tried several times and it does not work.

I added the folder on PC and used R/W key to setup a folder on phone. It worked fine. Then I turned PC off and set up a folder on laptop using the same R/W key but only folders were synced. No files, not even a single one was synced. This is the closest I could get.

Edited by paralaks