Does It Still Work With Iphone 4S?

goli

Hey there.

Sry if this question has been answered somewhere else but the search function doesn't allow me to search "iOS" and searching for "iPhone 4" doesn't work well.

I want to know if btsync (both vresions, 1.4.x as well as 2.x) work with iPhone 4s. As to some shops, they come with iOS 5, 6 or 7.

I don't have any apple devices yet, and I never wanted one. So I cannot check myself, unfortunately.

My car (BMW from 2007) doesn't support USB devices but only comes with a 30 pin apple dock connector. Searching the net for compatible apple devices gives various results. Some say 30-pin to lightning adaptors work well, others say they don't and I must stick to apple devices that come with 30 pin connectors natively.

To make a long story short:

I might be forced to buy an iPhone 4s since that's the only device having 30 pin apple connector and at least 64GB memory (except the iPhone classic, but 300€ for an iPhone 4s would be better then 600€ for an iPod classic).

But because the iPhone 4s is a pretty old device and I don't know anybody nearby still owning such a thing, I must ask here befor buying.

Regards,

Stephan.

@Stephan

iPhone 4S works fine with iOS 5..8. We've got one with iOS7 onboard in our lab and it works fine with Sync. Though note, that iOS has a very different architecture from Android and usually all files have to stay within same application sandbox and can be transferred only one-by one. Depending on what you are going to use iPhone and Sync for, It might be a tiny drawback or a huge issue. I would strongly advise getting some iOS device you can play with to see how it works.