Unable To Change Default Path Storagepatherror101

m2pt8

Hello,

I have just upgrade to the new Bitorrent Sync version, when I try to change the default folder location I get this error message:

storagepatherror101

this path is on a synology NAS, it was working fine on the previous version

I have tried on storage units and works fine, just don't understand why I get this error with the Synology path

Thank you!

Hi,

ok, if I create a new folder, I will still get the same error message, but if I create a folder in a completely different area on the storage it will work

what do I need to do to completely remove previous versions? I have unninstall BitSync and also remove the program files folder but it did not work

thank you

I have been pulling my hair out with many errors like this since upgrading 2.0 for me anyway is a complete nightmare, very poor show.

Anyway i sorted my dreaded "storagepatherror101" by deleting the hidden .sync folders left over from 1.4.

Every time you create a sync, a hidden .sync directory is created at the root of the sync, you need to remove these.

​I then for good measure reboot all nodes.(makes sure to try the reboot, this got me a few times)

Not sure if this is best practice, I always remove the .sync files before i try to recreate a share with a previously used location.

(The .sync directories are created at all nodes)

Regards,

Thank you for your reply

if I delete the sync directories in a local disk, it seems to work fine, no problem there, the problem if I point it to a synology storage only, them I am unable to use the same shared folder on the Synology again. I have tried to delete the shared folder and I have created again

in my case, I tried to remove everything but did not work...

I have open a ticket at bittorrent sync support yesterday, but still did not got a reply

hope that I can  fix this issue, is very anoying...