2.0 "upgrade"... Big Mistake.

jeff32819

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

I have been using BT Sync for a long time now, and have loved it for the most part, but what happened with version 2.0?  I want to be able to sync ANY folder on one computer with ANY folder on another... unless I am an idiot, it seems that the sync is now stuck in the "default folder". Then when I try to go back to 1.4 it will not install unless you remove 2.0 and all settings, which means I get to start from scratch... Thanks for that. 

I would pay 40 per year, if and only if the software was getting better, which is not the case... although great, it was never perfect, but now it seems to be going a completely different direction... did you do a focus group on the new features? I would never pay for 2.0 "as is"

You can still sync any folder to any folder, but you need to go to "My Devices", select your current device and change it's default state to "Disconnected".

This will then allow you to specify the location of subsequent incoming folders before they start to Sync, rather than automatically syncing to the default folder.

Hi Everyone. Like many others, I am regretting my really regretting my "upgrade" to 2.0 today. I will tomorrow either (a) restore all my computers from backups back to their Pre-2.0 state or (B) uninstall 2.0 and re-install 1.4.111. I have mixed Windows 7, MAC OS 10.9, IOS 6 & 8 computers/devices. There are also remote peers running 1.4. In both Windows 7 and MAC OS X.

Can someone please advise if a downgrade by simply uninstalling and re-installing will work - or do I need to do the full restore from backup (will take a really long time)? Are there any Windows and MAC OS settings files that I need to delete?

Next question is, how do I get rid of 2.0 on my iPhone running IOS 8, or should I not care about this? Fortunately, my iPad is still running 1.4 because it is running an older version of IOS.

Finally, I am expecting that I will have to create a new folder for syncing and re-send the invite to all my peers - and that they will then have to re-sync ?

Thanks in advance to any kind soul who can point me in the right direction...

Many thanks, Roman. All running well now on 1.4.111 on Windows and MAC OS. No such luck for my iPhone though. Cannot see any way to downgrade the App :-(

My next challenge is to move the shared folder over to my Synology DS413, but I see that there are a number of people who have had success with Synology NAS'. Cheers