How Do I Tell What Is Being Selectively Synced

Mike2700

Hi.

Here are a bunch of questions and observations about selective sync.  I am planning a company wide adoption of BTSync pro subscription in the next week so it would be good to see if any of our issues are on a roadmap to be improved.

I have a 350Gb share with approx 1M files in approx 10 main sub directories.  I've set this up as a selective sync so I can chose to sync only the subdirectories I need.

How can i see which sub directories are currently syncing and which are not?  I just see  green ticks on all my files regardless of whether their directory is syncing or not.  If I sync a directory, then stop syncing it for a period, how can I tell if it is being synced or not?

Do you have any way of easily telling what is getting synced planned for the GUI or explorer integration?

Also, I notice that in my peer list window when viewing the Device List list of files that are being synced I see many files that are from directories that are not included in my selective sync.  I think this maybe a bug, but its not a big issue.

More serious is when we setup the sync on each client a lot of the data is already distributed around our clients after using previous BTSync clients to sharing individual subdirectories.  The initial indexing phase renders the clients GUIs unresponsive for up to 5 days.  Can this be fixed?

Memory usage is also a bit high - I have about 1.5Gbs in use for BTSync with approx 700Gbs shared.  Some colleagues report up to 3Gbs of memory use which is a little high.  Any plans to bring this down?

Finally, the original share is a 1.4 share because the 2.0 client is not available for our server.  All the clients are 2.0, would this cause problems with selective sync.

what happens when I add files in a directory that I have chosen to selectively sync.  Do those files get synced?

When I selectively sync a folder what is the behaviour I should expect.

When I add files to that folder should they be synced other devices

Not automatically, you'd need to click their .bts placeholder files to start them syncing.

For more information on .bts files, please see this article.

Hi Mike2700,

We are aware of all of the issues you bring up, and we are working hard to develop solutions. It's not clear when we can offer an update on most of them, however the "showing files in the peer list queue that have not been chosen to be synced" issue is definitely a bug, and if you can document and submit feedback then we should be able to solve it relatively quickly.