[Already Implemented] Possibility To Choose Destination Folder On Synced Devices (Like In 1.4)

abramq

Hello,

I was using 1.4 to synchronize Desktops of all my PCs and laptops, using BitTorrent Sync and a NAS drive.

Now in 2.0 it is not possible, because there is no place to choose a destination folder on disk, when I try to add shared link on another device. Everything is going automatically, and no option to change the folder Sync set for me...

Ok, first of as per article about modes it only applies to Pro Version and  don't believe is an option in free version. But even then it won't allow you on another computer to choose where you want the synced folder to reside. It automatcially picks it as  subdirectory  of defaut folder location

That's right - on all machines joined the folder occurs by itself associated with folder it want to use, not me.

So please remove that it is implemented.

I give you an example - on my PC1 I add folder "desktop" to SYNC. Automatically on PC2 it makes a new "desktop", but in folder... C:\default_sync_dir\desktop

I wold like to give everywhere put the path c:\documents and settings\users\desktop... Just to synchronize DESKTOP of PC1 and PC2, not a loose folder called "desktop".

It was possible in 1.4.

• 2 weeks later...

The ability to choose the destination of incoming folders is already implemented in Sync 2.0, but you'll need to change folder synchronization mode to "Disconnected". Please see my previous post for more information/link.

This is a feature which is only in PRO version?

Thanks, uninstalling GetSync... There was no talk it will be cut from Free version...

This is a feature which is only in PRO version?

Thanks, uninstalling GetSync... There was no talk it will be cut from Free version...

In relation to folder synchronization modes: "Synced" and "Disconnected" are available in both free and pro versions of 2.0. "Connected" is only available in pro versions.

In order to be able to choose a destination folder, you need to set folder synchronization mode to "Disconnected" - this is available in both free and pro editions of 2.0