Btsync Deleted My Files

andi-at

Hello,

Today i found a really nice suprise when i want to open my coding archive to chance a few lines in a program. The first strange thing was, the link points into the Syncarchive folder. Im shure i haven´t created it there. Funny thing, lets see what happened

BTSYNC HAS DELETED EVERY SINGLE FILE IN EVERY SINGLE SUBFOLDER!! Now the coding work of 9 MONTHS is GONE!!!!!!!!

Yeah no problem you think, stuff has moved to synctrash? But half of the files are missing! I´m really pissed of, I told you many times that you have a serious problem with your version control.

Nobody will bring back the data, but i want to warn everybody to prevent them from this!

No, i dont have a debug log. I even dont know in wich subversion it happened. But as long as you cant proof what bug f***d up my work and how you fixed it i wont trust your program any more and would not recommend it to anybody.

Man you now SELL that piece of code for backup purposes, what you think will happen if you dont smash the files of a private man but one of a company?!

@andi-at

Sync moves files to archive only when other peers indicate that files were removed. What other peers do you have? Any specific events happened there before you noticed files were moved to archive? Are you using on-demand sync or sync-all mode for the folder affected?

Also, files from archive are deleted only by 1 of 2 events:

1. File is too old (moved to archive 30 days ago)

2. File is big (Sync stores only one version of a file it is bigger than ~1Gb)

Also, if you have several peers - its worth checking their archives too.

I would really like to help you with this issue. If you are willing to debug it - please collect debug log (it always contains some data) as well as all .journal files from the same folder.