Stuck At Welcome Screen

aasta

As far as I understand, you have to go through the 30 day Pro trial (which doesn't require registration or anything) to get the free version. There were some tricks on this forum (by changing the system clock) to have the trial expired immediately. Though, that's not really elegant. I'd just sit through the 30 day, as long as you don't create more than 10 shares, you'll be fine afterwards.

Unfortunatly I'm not getting a trial option. The only button avalible to me is upgrade to pro (and a grey-ed out continue option).

The trial is only 30 days. Do you happen to have installed 2.0 on one of your machines earlier?

If so, the best thing to do would probably be to start with a new identity. Otherwise, that is probably be a bug.

Not getting an option for a trial. I do have the trial running on my laptop, but no luck on the desktop(the computer with the issue). I'm not sure how to start a new identity, like I said, the only option I get when I start the program is Upgrade to Pro, and a greyed out continue button. I assume its a bug but I have no clue how to solve it since uninstalling didnt fix it.

You'll need to uninstall and remove settings before reinstalling.

If you're on Windows, after you uninstall Sync, delete the folder %appdata%\Roaming\BitTorrent Sync.

The issue you're seeing is most likely as @iswrong indicates; that you've previously installed an earlier version of Sync 2.0 the free functionality of which has since expired.

Uninstalled Sync and deleted %appdata%\Roaming\BitTorrent Sync again, still no luck. I've never used Sync 2.0 so it can't be that. Honestly at a loss here, from what I've seen Sync can be used for free anyways with limitations... those limitations mostly being amount of folders you can sync. Prior to 2.0 I only had one folder being synced and even so I've uninstalled the program and reinstalled it so there should be no folders synced anyways. I'm not using any pro-only features, or any features at that... I can't even get into the program at this point!