Sync Stopped After "pro Trial" Ran Out

When I installed BTSync 2.0 it started a pro trial.  I only have one folder to sync between my two machines and so I did not buy and let it expire.  That was three months ago.  There has been no sync between my two systems in the last three months.  I have tried everything including deleting and reinstalling which caused another pro trail, where syncing works.  When that expired, all syncing stopped.

So what is the deal.  Cannot I use this for free?  I have one stinking folder to sync.  Make it work like promised.

Personally, I HATE it when companies force me to use a pro version "trial" that will expire and screw everything up.  These types of "trials" need to be opt in.  Give me the option, even bug me a little.  If I have no intention of paying money for a free product, like BT Sync, I will never use the pro features and do not want to test the pro features.  This product worked great with version 1 when it was totally free.  Now I have to withstand all these warnings that my "pro" trail is going to expire.  Why not offer it in the first place.  If I want to try it, I will try it.  I do not want to try it.