Android Backup Not Receiving Authorization Permission To Pc Client.

aka40

Hi all,

I have a Android 5.0 running Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F and Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit laptop and desktop. I want to backup my Android phone camera (internal SD and external SD) also I need to backup my phone paper camera app photos for computers. I installed 64Bit version clients on PC's.

I used new bit torrent sync 2 backup option and set up the configuration. Then, choose the laptop as well as desktop as a backup destination locations. Then it shows "connecting to device", but nothing happened. Then I turned on "Use mobile data" but still nothing connecting. Then I exit the PC and Android sync clients, but nothing success. 

But, if I setup, PC folder sync with Android, it connects without any issue and successfully sync. The only issue I face connecting Android app "new backup" with PC.

How do I fix this issue?

Edited by aka40

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the exact same issue. The 'backup' function for some reason does not work if you check off the device you want to back up to. Now, if you share the link from the "choose device screen" and then add the link to the other devices that way it works fine. The device will not be checked in the list of devices the 'backup' is going to, it just works as it is.

If this ain't a bug then I don't know what is.

I haven't seen a QA department that is so asleep at the wheel as the bunch here looking after the sync applications.