Trouble Restoring Version 1.4.111

Today I got a message on my remote computer asking if I wanted to upgrade to version 1.4.111 I thought I already had that version installed on all the computers I have synching. Stupidly I thought to myself that perhaps that one machine was a slightly lower version so I clicked Upgrade.

Well the upgrader installed version 2 on the machine.

I googled for instructions on how to downgrade and came across the following article.

http://help.getsync.com/customer/portal/articles/1901257-how-to-downgrade-from-2-0-to-1-4-

I followed the instructions but when I restarted Bittorrent Sync it said there were no folders and it was prompting me to add a folder.

At that point I tried to restore the /library/Application support/Bittorrent sync folder using time machine referencing yesterday's folder. It has not worked.

Does anyone have any clue how I can get my sync back. I have about 7 TB synched across the internet and honestly it would cost me a fortune and take months to resynch all that data. 

At this point I have not lost any data, the sync is merely out of sync.

Any help would be great.

thanks

... it would cost me a fortune and take months to resynch all that data. 

At this point I have not lost any data, the sync is merely out of sync.

Well if the data is already synced, then BTsync will only re-index it and compare those indexes with the peer. Only any changed contents will be transferred. So this should not result in a large amount of traffic or time spent to ensure that the replicas are consistent

Since 2.0 I've personally been trying alternative software out, because I fear that v1.4.111 of BTSync might have too many bugs (which they most likely won't address for v1.4 anymore) so it seems to make more sense to switch over to a more active project where our minds can be at ease that any discovered bugs will actually be attempted to be fixed. It is now reassuring however, to hear that you are using v1.4.111 on a 7TB replica with such success. Are all your peers in read+write mode? I found that when I use a "read-only" peer in v1.4.111, the syncing just stops working at some point and the peers stay out of sync, which is unfortunate as the read-only method could work great for simple backup schemes. So the read-only feature is basically useless unless we upgrade to 2.0, which in my case will not happen.. so...

• 2 weeks later...

I re-added the read only key to the machine that has lost connection. It did indeed start to transfer data. The first drive I am synching is 550 GB which is more than my monthly allowed amount on my current internet plan. Really disappointed with this at the moment. I have lost my synch and there is no easy way to get it back.