Norton Complains

Jim, please can you clarify - is Norton flagging BTSync.exe or the Sync installer as "high risk", or a particular file you're sharing?

If it's the former, this is what's known as a "false positive" - see the Virus Total scan results for the latest version of Sync here.

If it's the latter, unfortunately that's beyond the scope of these forums - the best advice would be to ensure that all your devices have up-to-date virus protection running on them.I

It's important to remember that all Sync does is sync - unaltered - your existing files to your other devices. Therefore, if a virus were to exist in a file on one device, and you sync that file to other devices, the file will sync virus and all to other devices.

I'm having this same problem.  When I try to download and install the Bittorrent Sync client, Norton prevents it from installing saying that it is malware.  I love your product, but I can't use it if Norton won't let me install it.  Would you please contact Norton and rectify this.