How To Sync Different Folders On Each Linked Device

norma

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but I didn't find the solution in the UI or the help.

I have three linked devices - desktop, laptop, mobile phone.  I'd like some folders synced on all 3 devices, but some folders on only the desktop and laptop, I don't want them on my mobile device.

However, whenever I add a new folder to Sync, it appears on all three devices.  The option to "Remove" on the mobile app says it will remove the folder from all devices, which is not what I want.

Any suggestions?  Thanks!  (I am using a Sync "Business" license)

norma,

That's right, this is how identity works - all linked devices become united under one user identity, so all folders added/removed on one of them get added/removed on all others. This is the idea of identity - a person can link all his devices and not bother about manually sharing the folders, all can be managed from one device.

To achieve what you seek, two options:  

1) you may have separate identity on each device. With it you will need to manually share the folders and thus pick which folder goes to which device. 

2) Keep desktops in "Disconnected" mode when linking. So the unwanted folders will remain disconnected (dotted) in UI and not syncing until you pick to connect it.