Selective Sync On Mac Opens Files Automatically When Double Clicking .btsc Files -- How To Turn Off

When double clicking on .btsc files, they are automatically opened by the default program --- how to turn this off?

For example, I have a selective sync'd folder containing many audio .btsc files and when I double click to download this automatically starts the file playing too. This is very frustrating if I am listening to an audio file in the default system player and want to download another audio file to add to the current playlist. When the new file is double clicked it downloads and this new file playing interrupts the current music. Any ideas how to modify this behaviour?

I am running BTSync 2.2.5 on OS X 10.5.9.

On your mac you have a context menu (right click menu) options for .bts files.

When BitTorrent Sync is running you can right click on a selection of .bts files and click "Sync to this device" having them download but not open. This also works for folders so you can right click a folder and have it download.

If you don't see the right click menu when you have BitTorrent Sync running open System Preferences -> Extensions -> Finder -> check the box for BitTorrent Sync or if checked, uncheck and then check it again.

/e Oh I just saw that you are using a super old version of OS X so no finder extension love for you buddy :/

My suggestion is, update to 10.10 if possible..

I'm having MacOS Version 10.11.1 and BitTorrent Version 2.2.7 installed. 

In my selective sync folder the placeholder files are called *.btsi and I don't see the option in the context menu. Neither of the files nor the folder. 

What am I doing wrong?

Maybe the extension is not enabled? Go to the System Preferences, select 'Extensions', look under 'Finder' and check that the 'Sync Finder Extension' is enabled.

Maybe the extension is not enabled? Go to the System Preferences, select 'Extensions', look under 'Finder' and check that the 'Sync Finder Extension' is enabled.

Sorry, forgot to mention that. I already tried that it is enabled and I see the option "Share this folder via BitTorrent Sync" on unshared folders.

Edited by iceberg13

iceberg13,

Sometimes relaunching Finder or restarting Sync is needed for those menu items to appear.

If they disappear again, please, send the debug logs to support team. Also, collect system log and send it to support as well: go to Applications (shortly after you’ve spotted the issue) => Utilities => Console => Show log list => system.log. Copy-paste it to a text file.