How To Set The Same Constant Sync Interval Time In A Folder?

lihongqiang

I know that when a file is added to the shared folder, the changes start syncing immediately (due to system peculiarities, sync on Mac OS X 10.6 may be delayed up to 10 minutes). If you change a file inside a shared folder, sync will start after the file is saved and/or closed.

But the files in my folder change frequently and I don't want to sync them immediately after they change. Instead, I want to sync it an hour at a time. What should I do ?

Edited by lihongqiang

If you're running on an system where changes to files/folders are not reported to Sync by the underlying OS, and therefore Sync relies on regularly scanning folders to detect changes, you could simply increase the "folder_rescan_interval" from "600" (seconds = 10 mins), to "3600" i.e. 1 hour.

However, on systems where changes are detected instantly, your only real work-around at present would be to setup a Schedule Task in your OS to run Sync for a few minutes every hour, and then exit it.

This is also something I have been interested in. While working on some rather large spreadsheets, Sync is always busy. I have gotten into the habit of pausing Sync while I'm working on these but once in a while I forget to unpause it. I'll look through the Feature Request subforum to see if this solution has been requested but it would be cool if there were some time intervals under the "Pause syncing" command like I've seen in other systems that you could select then after that time it would automatically kick back in.

Pause for 1 hour

Pause for 2 hours

Pause for 8 hours

Pause indefinitely

[EDIT] Well that didn't take long, there are a number of Feature Requests like this. But more importantly I found a solution to my spreadsheet issue here that I either didn't read or glossed over. You can set a  user-editable "FileDelayConfig" for certain file types. I'll be looking into this!

Edited by ThisIsNotYourDroid

This is also something I have been interested in. While working on some rather large spreadsheets, Sync is always busy. I have gotten into the habit of pausing Sync while I'm working on these but once in a while I forget to unpause it. I'll look through the Feature Request subforum to see if this solution has been requested but it would be cool if there were some time intervals under the "Pause syncing" command like I've seen in other systems that you could select then after that time it would automatically kick back in.

Pause for 1 hour

Pause for 2 hours

Pause for 8 hours

Pause indefinitely

[EDIT] Well that didn't take long, there are a number of Feature Requests like this. But more importantly I found a solution to my spreadsheet issue here that I either didn't read or glossed over. You can set a  user-editable "FileDelayConfig" for certain file types. I'll be looking into this!

Thank you for your response. But After I set the FileDelayConfig file, It didn't work.  I have three devices, and I set all the files delay change time that may updated in my folders in FileDelayConfig file. A part of the file shows follows:

1449109964x-1376436572.png

Edited by lihongqiang

Thank you for your response. But After I set the FileDelayConfig file, It didn't work.  I have three devices, and I set all the files delay change time that may updated in my folders in FileDelayConfig file. A part of the file shows follows:

1449109964x-1376436572.png

Finally, I know that it really doesn't work if I change the FileDelayConfig file. Because the files change so frequently that it can only delay a while. But after that time, It will continue update frequently.

If you're running on an system where changes to files/folders are not reported to Sync by the underlying OS, and therefore Sync relies on regularly scanning folders to detect changes, you could simply increase the "folder_rescan_interval" from "600" (seconds = 10 mins), to "3600" i.e. 1 hour.

However, on systems where changes are detected instantly, your only real work-around at present would be to setup a Schedule Task in your OS to run Sync for a few minutes every hour, and then exit it.

Thank you for your response. It's a good solution.

Edited by lihongqiang

@lihongqiang

FileDelayConfig is intended for different reason. It is a configurable small delay which Sync waits before starting to process particular file extension and it is limited to 10 seconds. It won't help you here.

if we are talking about Linux OS, you can use the build with glicb_2.3 - it does not implement inotify and will only sync files after folder_rescan_interval. Though, it is not achievable for other OS. And yes, it is a good feature request.