Btsync Build 2.3 All Config On All Nas Devices Gone

filemoon

Hi.

Today I've decided to upgrade btsync from ver 2.2 to 2.3. After upgrade when I start web interface it is asking me for "name" etc - initial config starts. All my sync config all folders are not present in application.

My recomendation is stay away from version 2.3 is you are dooing manual upgrade (via ssh).

my affected nas servers:
- banana pro

- qnap

- thecus

I hope btsync support will help me (I'm pro user).

filemoon,

I suspect that the problem is that Sync just created new storage, rather than using the old one. It can happen if 1) you launched the binary either from a directory different from your pwd, so Sync created new storage is current directory instead of near binary, Or  2) you put the new binary in a different from where the older one was. Can you please double check it? 

To fix it, you can put new btsync in place of old one and near the older storage, go to that directory, and launch Sync from there.

Or launch with config, were storage_path points to older storage. 

Otherwise, if it's not the case, please share any details on the problem - how you updated, how you launch Sync, from where, what parameters you use, etc. Thanks. 

Also, all, especially Pro, users are invited to write to support directly to get priority support. Forum is more about community help. Thank you.

I'm trying to investigate the issue. Funny is all my full syncs are on the servers only - on stations/phone I have selective only.

I always upgrade binary via ssh replacing old version (always in same folders). And was no issue. The is no mistake from my side.
Until version 2.3 - when I log to web interface I have initial screen (create username/password screen).

You may be a right about forum - but I'd like to warn everyone before they consider moving to ver 2.3.

You may be a right about forum - but I'd like to warn everyone before they consider moving to ver 2.3.

This is stated in the release notes.

To avoid running into such problems: specify the storage path in your configuration file (the storage_path variable) and run btsync with the path to the configuration file using the --config option.