capoacaro

I tried to install BTSync 2.3.3 on Windows Server 2008 and checked the service option. Unfortunately, when setup asks for a windows user name and password to use for the service to run, it always gives me a "bad username or password" message. After that, the service does not get installed.

Is there a chance to have it installed as a service on Windows Server 2008?

13 hours ago, Moe said:

The username and password that you have to provide is the one from your AD/the user you want to run the Windows Service as and NOT the one you have setup for BitTorrent Syncs Webadmin user.

I know. But it doesn't matter if I use "domain\username" or just "username" (where "username" is a Windows login name) - in both cases the setup answers with a "bad username or password" message. I tried the doamin admin account, too, but this also did not work.

On the other hand the installation on a Windows Server 2012 R2 machine worked without any problems (including the "run as a service" option).

Edited by carpri

On 4.3.2016 at 1:46 PM, GreatMarko said:

See - Supported platforms/minimum requirements in the Sync Help Center

Okay, the server I am referring to runs  Windows Server 2008, not  Windows Server 2008 R2. So it is not supported. Maybe this is the reason that I cannot install BTSync as a service on this machine.

Edited by carpri