Upgrade from 1.4 ?

benbw

I've been using 1.4 for some time, and didn't want to upgrade because of the pricing/limitations when 2.0 was introduced.

I take it that if I just install 2.3, my existing syncing will work exactly as before?

Only a couple of folders to sync between two Macs, but quite a lot of files.

Thanks.

PS. Would still be happy to pay a one-off for the basic app, but I don't pay monthly subs for any app.

Edited by benbw

benbw, there are many improvements and changes in 2.3.6 version comparing the latest 1.4.111 version. Folders should continue synchronizing if you don't use obsolete keys, that started not from A, B or other correct letters. This article explains about correct keys. 1.4 supports only standard folders while 2.x version supports both standard and advanced folders. So if you update only one peer you need to add standard folders only.

Before update backup this folder:

/Users/user_name/Library/Application Support/BitTorrent Sync 

So even if something bad happens and Sync won't be able to covert settings you will be able to roll back and try again.

Also we have a license where you pay only once but this is for personal usage only.