Backup or Sync only Movie Files from Android Device

smros

Hello,

I'd like to backup only the movie (.mp4) files off my phone to my PCs.  I was looking at Pro's "selective sync" function, and it appears to offer something close, but seems to require manual file by file selection.

There are notes about a "syncignore" option that can be edited a hidden file in a sync folder.  I figure I can use this to ignore all the "photo" files (.jpg, etc.) which would cause only the video files to transfer.

Before I spend money on the pro version:

1. Do I edit the hidden file on the target PC or is it in the Android folder?

2. If I use "backup" on the phone will the "syncignore" option be honoured?

Thanks,

-Steve

1. Both recommended, or at least Android. if you do it only on PC, Android will attempt to send files, but PC will reject to get it. Therefore, if 2nd PC appears, it'll get ignored files.
2. Yes, backup also takes ignorelist into account. Just keep in mind, that if you are doing backup, and removing files from Android, they won't be removed from your PC. Not sure if this is desired behavior for you.

Before I spend money on the pro version

You only need Pro if you are going to use selective sync in your setup or if this is commercial / business use. Otherwise, free is enough. Also, you can enable trial PRO on your PC and see if selective sync is something you want.