How to unlink an obsolete device?

eltopo

Hello,

I have an offline device (an android tablet that died recently and won't boot). The device was linked before to my account and now it stays offline and probably will never come back online.

Since I can never access Sync app on this device, how can I unlink it from other devices (linked to my account)?

Thanks

@Moe Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, I tried to change peer_expiration_days, either by editing it in power user preferences or by modifying my rslsync.config file, after I restarted sync several times, the obsolete device is still there in the linked device list.

However, I did notice that my shared folders have reduced peers. I guess this option is working for "peers", not "linked devices".

Yes, exactly. I was not sure what option you meant. So for the My Devices you can remove a device by going TO this device and unlinking it.

What you can't do is unlink other devices from one device. Say you can't delete Device B by accessing the My Devices setting on device A. You have to do it on device B.

Maybe that will work https://help.getsync.com/hc/en-us/articles/204644049-If-your-device-is-stolen

The above steps will remove the previous instance of Sync and break the connection with the stolen device. If you have a PRO version, you should activate your license again (click here to see how). The owner of the license is the peer who activated it most recently, therefore re-adding the license to Sync will override the previous activation