Install on Linux

mangavalk

I have tried on Ubuntu Desktop 12.04 x686 with ia32-libs and work perfect.

@mangavalk have you run it as root? (ex. sudo ./SyncApp_i3861.0.63 )

PS. you must kill the running process to run it again.

@employess can i change the port (8888) of the web gui? This is a regular port for web proxy server...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running Ubuntu 12.10 server on a 64 bit machine and get this error when I try to run "sudo apt-get install ia32-libs"

Package ia32-libs is not available, but is referred to by another package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=tahoma, 'open sans', arial, sans-serif]E: Package 'ia32-libs' has no installation candidate

A little research has shown that ia32-libs has been obsoleted in favor of multiarch. Any ideas?

I'm running Ubuntu 12.10 server on a 64 bit machine and get this error when I try to run "sudo apt-get install ia32-libs"

A little research has shown that ia32-libs has been obsoleted in favor of multiarch. Any ideas?

Yes. I have one:

• ia32-libs, or 32-bit compatibility libraries for 64-bit systems, is only available in the amd64repositories, i.e. if you are using a 64-bit version of Ubuntu.
  • You only get the "no installation candidate" error if you are already on a 32-bit system

Can you confirm that you have 64-bit Ubuntu? Type "uname -m" in terminal. For 64-bit it should be x86_64

some little problems

running Sync on 2 Win 7 machines and 1 Linux Server.
sync not deleting empty folders have been deleted on other machine.
sync not deleting some files on me other Win7 machine but still says Status: Synced.

1 comment:

i was using Sync to share some Visual Studio projects, but when working on them Sync locks some files to synchronize them.
this is really annoying because Visual Studio gives an error that the file is locked.

• 2 months later...

I am having issues installing sync on ubuntu 12.10 32bit, was under the impression it had to be installed as an tarball archive thing. After extracted I thought I would have to use the

$ tar zxf btsync.tar.gz

$ cd path-to-software/

# ./configure

# make

# make install

but the config file isn't in the archive i was emailed? This can't be installed via the package manager right?

There is section in User Guide, that describes installation on Linux.

Generally Sync is just a binary, so you need to unzip it and do

chmod +x ./binary_name and then start it. Then you have two options configure it using web access ip:8888 or using config file.

I got my invit yesterday,

just cant get it running on ubuntu 32-bit

root@bluebox:~/web# ls -l btsync
-rwxrwxr-x 1 501 502 3818972 2013-04-16 14:01 btsync
root@bluebox:~/web# file btsync
btsync: ELF 32-bit MSB executable, PowerPC or cisco 4500, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.16, with unknown capability 0x41000000 = 0x11676e75, with unknown capability 0x10000 = 0x90401, stripped
root@bluebox:~/web# ./btsync
bash: ./btsync:[b] cannot execute binary file[/b]

root@bluebox:~/web# uname -a
Linux bluebox 3.2.6 #1 SMP Fri Feb 17 10:40:05 EST 2012 i686 GNU/Linux

There is section in User Guide, that describes installation on Linux.

Generally Sync is just a binary, so you need to unzip it and do

chmod +x ./binary_name and then start it. Then you have two options configure it using web access ip:8888 or using config file.

THANKS for the direction, have been looking forward to this software, not comfortable putting all my files on the cloud.

Hi!

How can I add another machine sync folder, (secret) in the linux version. I try to sync a windows machine folder and the linux folder, but I can't. Working Linux folder(secret) add an Windows machine but, how can I add Windows folder (secret) to Linux machine?