File Sync Limit

upcboy

Is there a limit on the number of files that can sync at a time? I'm running an Ubuntu Server in a data Center and using this to sync data to a local Server and a second pc at another site. It seems like the max files that can sync at a time is 6 (3 from one sever 3 from a Second PC) is this the way it should be working? is there a way to increase the number of connections?

Yes, connections to a peer is limited to 3. This limit was put to reduce amount of BitTorrent protocol specific information compared to the user data that is transfered. Data is transfered faster than having open 5 connections to the peer. Of course we are talking significantly less than 1% advantage here, but still we want to be the fastest way.

By creating 5-10-50 connections, your data won't transfer faster. You will reach the limit of your network with 3 connections.

the issue i'm having is 3 open connections are only using about 1/3 of my Downstream and 1/10 of my up. 100/100meg connection on server 30/3meg on the client. by opening more connections (via other protocols FTP) I can max out my connection.

If I am following your math correctly you are utilizing your client's full connection. Everything looks to be running as fast as it can (based on your numbers). Is this a troll?

If I am following your math correctly you are utilizing your client's full connection. Everything looks to be running as fast as it can (based on your numbers). Is this a troll?

Not trolling. Looks like I explained it Poorly. the 3 connections together are using 1/3 the bandwidth. Its not Each connection using 1/3. Sorry for the confusion.

My files are 700meg-4gb The issues is Its a server in France and I'm in the US. and at peak times I can't pull data down from the server at full speed b/c of the congestion unless i open multiple streams from the server. The way i compesate this currently When using FTP is I use CuteFTP and split the large file in to 8 parts and download 8 streams it gives me a significant speed boost. Even if splitting isn't added for larger files id like to be able to choose how many files i can sync at once to a single client. ie anything coming from my server can open 6 streams.