Modification date of synched files

lchoquel

Great job on SyncApp, I love it. using it everyday with large files synch between two Windows 7 PCs.

I have a issue regarding the "Modification date" set for files received by SyncApp: they are all set to the date of the synch, instead of indicating the same modification date as the original file.

This entails 2 problems:

• I have lost valuable information about the file. I don't know how recent the file actually is. For instance I can't compare the synched file to another version of the file that I might have generated locally in a different folder. FYI DropBox does it well, because it synchs the modification dates properly.
  • I'm not 100% sure that it's related to modification dates but: sometimes SyncApp apparently does not realize it's the same file as on the device where the original file was. In some cases SyncApp will re-synch the same file back to the original copy. I really mean sometimes: all files in the folder are not concerned, and it does not go into endless ping-pong mode between the 2 devices. I haven't tested enough to nail it down exactly but part of the pattern might be to kill and relaunch SyncApp, or maybe removing and re-adding the folder to synch.

I did a few tests and it appears the date bug only concerns new files:

• Existing files updated by sync get the proper modification date synched from original to copy.
  • New files get a new date set precisely when the transfer starts, on both sides of the sync.

I haven't reproduced the "re-synch same file back" bug yet.