Windows explorer crashing

Xaotikdesigns

I just put a new hard drive in my computer, and was trying to move all my movies and such onto it.

I kept noticing that no matter how I was doing it, the transfer would hang, and windows explorer would stop working. This would happen if I were to just drag and drop, copy/cut and paste, or even using something like SyncBack to copy them.

The only changes that I had made prior to adding the hard drive were installing SyncApp and connecting an unused TV as a second monitor.

After unplugging the monitor and closing SyncApp, I was able to transfer all the files I wanted with almost no issue (ran out of space while testing...), as well as watch and stream videos with no issues.

I've got SyncApp running, and will keep an eye on it to see if the problems occur again, but also wanted to see if anybody else ran into issues like this.

The computer is running Windows 8

I've got everything back on (syncapp, the new drive, and monitor) the only difference is I assigned the new drive a different letter, and it's working fine. I as watching videos housed on the new drive (locally and streaming) as well as syncing files of all sizes with not difficulty.

SyncApp itself was not sharing anything on the new drive.