udif

Members
  • Content Count

    4
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About udif

  • Rank
    New User

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Update: I paused sync on both sides, allowing the node where I added the original folder, to finish indexing. After it was done indexing, I reenabled sync on both nodes, and so far it seems to be syncing fine for the last hour or so, as it would crash earlier ~13 minutes after I started up the Windows Service on the original node.
  2. I've been successfully using Sync (5 user license) for a long time on several nodes, one is Windows 10 Pro and others are various ARM boards running armbian (2 x Odroid HC2, one PCDuinoNano, 1 Linksys WRT1900ACS running openwrt + debian chroot). A few days ago I decided to let Sync handle my photos directory which until now was synced by hand (and FreeFileSync). This is a ~500GB directory with ~62K files and ~1400 subdirectories. ~50% of the files are ~6MB JPEG and the other 50% are ~23MB Canon RAW files. None of my previously shared directories was even remotely close to that size by a factor of 10. The folder was shared as an "Advanced Folder". I don't know if this is significant, but a few of the subdirectory names contained international characters. I think this shouldn't matter, as I previously had filenames with international characters, although not a directory name. After setting the sync from a Windows machine running 2.6.3 as a service, into a single Odroid HC2 node, I noticed that the sync has stopped. I also noticed the Windows GUI has dies and further check shows that the service is indeed not running. restarting the service has not helped, as it kept dying within minutes to hours. Earlier I also noticed the service dies on the WRT1900ACS, but I attributed the failure to the relatively low RAM on that router (512MB) so I simply disabled this specific folder on it. However, the Window machine has 16GB RAM and should not crash. I enabled logging, but the log files shows no special messages, i.e. all the log lines have appeared earlier in the logfile. There was no line indicating a service crash. It was just like the log was cut off in the middle of the operation. Any help?
  3. I wanted to share a method I usccessfully used to run Resilio sync without any modifications on my Linksys OpenWRT1900ACS running OpenWRT (with a USB3 attached disk). Since OpenWRT uses different libraries than what resilio sync usually requires, my solution was to create a chroot environment on the external USB disk attached to the router. I had to use a different armhf system already running debian (in my case it was a pcduino3nano board running armbian). debootstrap --arch armhf jessie /mnt/disk1/armbian http://httpredir.debian.org/debian tar cpjf /mnr/disk1/armbian-rootfs.tar.bz2 -C /mnt/disk1/armbian . I then copied this tree using tar and SSH into my LInksys router (to the USB3 disk). scp /mnt/disk1/armbian-rootfs.tar.bz root@linksys:/mnt/sda1 I then SSH'ed into the linksys, extracted the tree and shelled into the chroot'ed environment. ssh linksys -l root ... cd /mnt/sda1/armbian # we need a /proc filesystem, use the existing one mkdir /proc mount --bind -t proc /proc /mnt/disk1/armbian/proc # This is necessary because the chroot expects /bin/ash to be found ln -s /bin/bash bin/ash # extract the tree bzcat /mnt/sda1/armbian-rootfs.tar.bz | tar xvf - # start it chroot /mnt/sda1/armbian You can now install Resilio sync as explained here: https://help.resilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/206178924-Installing-Sync-package-on-Linux I also added a firewall rule in the OpenWRT GUI to enable port 8888 access from my LAN, not sure this is 100% necessary. The method above works but you should be aware of 2 drawbacks: The chroot'ed environment takes about 250MB before trimming You cannot normally access any storage area outside your chroot. In my case I didn't care about either of these, but you may try trimming the chroot environment by removing some of the default packages installed by the debian debootstrap script. You can also overcome the disk access limit by using a bind mount (before running chroot) mount --bind /mnt/disk1/storage /mnt/disk1/armbian/storage I hope other people find this useful!