fallback to tcp

• 3 weeks later...

I beg to differ! I currently sync between 7 devices (including two always-on WHS's)

1) You can change the ports that BitTorrent Sync uses, as well as choose TCP over UPD - it would be difficult for an ISP to completely block BitTorrent Sync

2) You can separately limit the upload/download rates of BitTorrent Sync - so you can easily tailor BitTorrent Sync to your connection speed/available bandwidth

I may be wrong, but doesn't RSync only transfer a single file at a time? BitTorrent Sync can transfer multiple files concurrently!

Give BitTorrent Sync a go! You'll then be able to more accurately determine its capabilities/performance when compared with RSync! :)

hey

how do i force TCP all the time ?!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

You said one year ago that "this is something with very high priority".

This request from Mrachini would make BitTorrent Sync usable for our company needs. Is there some news about this feature? I've seen that even the "lan_use_tcp" advanced parameter quoted above has disappeared in the latest build. So we have no idea of this request's evolution. We would really need to know if this project of TCP-only over Internet is still alive or not. Please give us some news :)

One optional but interesting feature would be the ability to set predefined hosts from the mobile phones client but it may deserve a separate thread.

Edited by FenyX

I've seen that even the "lan_use_tcp" advanced parameter quoted above has disappeared in the latest build. So we have no idea of this request's evolution.

The "lan_use_tcp" setting was removed some time ago. From the developers: "1.3 version is using tcp actively where it is possible (for sure - in LAN), so this option is deprecated"

One optional but interesting feature would be the ability to set predefined hosts from the mobile phones client but it may deserve a separate thread.

Indeed - there's is an entire dedicated Feature Requests forum for Sync, and an existing topic therein which you may consider contributing to!