Sync remote system with BitTorrent Sync?

I have a VPS that I would like to sync certain files (my web site files, some system configuration files & DB backups) to my home server. I'm wondering how to get it running as a daemon (both CentOS & Ubuntu). I'm also wondering if anyone sees an issue with it checking for new files once every 6 hours or so.

I'm wondering how to get it running as a daemon (both CentOS & Ubuntu).

Ubuntu specific server builds (and instructions) may be found in this thread. Other various Linux builds are available from the main site, and there are various instructions in the forums for getting Sync configured and running on Linux servers.

I'm also wondering if anyone sees an issue with it checking for new files once every 6 hours or so.

Yes, because sync monitors files in real-time. At present there's no built in "scheduler" to specify only syncing at certain times. If you only wanted it to Sync every 6 hours, you'd have to create a cron job to run Sync every six hours (but then you'd somehow also have to detect when each sync has been completed, so the process can be killed accordingly?)

Ubuntu specific server builds (and instructions) may be found in this thread. Other various Linux builds are available from the main site, and there are various instructions in the forums for getting Sync configured and running on Linux servers.

Well, at least getting it running will be easy.

Yes, because sync monitors files in real-time. At present there's no built in "scheduler" to specify only syncing at certain times. If you only wanted it to Sync every 6 hours, you'd have to create a cron job to run Sync every six hours (but then you'd somehow also have to detect when each sync has been completed, so the process can be killed accordingly?)

That is the issue, I can't let it run continuously since my VPS doesn't have unlimited bandwidth.

Well, at least getting it running will be easy.

That is the issue, I can't let it run continuously since my VPS doesn't have unlimited bandwidth.

Keep in mind it'll only update what's changed.

Although you could get it to watch a folder, then rsync stuff to that folder every six hours instead of having it watch your main data dir.