Android QR Code "Invalid Secret" and non-stop network usage (two problems)

I'm running BitTorrent Sync (the "client") on my Win7 machine at work, my Linux laptop at home, and my android phone.

Linux Laptop reports version 1.1.42

Android reports version 1.1.23

I have two folders setup on my laptop via the client. One folder syncs between my laptop and my work computer, the other folder (the "folder") is strictly between my laptop and my android phone (Galaxy Nexus). This folder only contains one file, a 300byte text file.

Problem #0

When I use the client's web interface to generate a "full access"' QR code, the phone accepts the code and syncs the directory seemingly in a loop. The network usage indicator shows bi-directional arrows indefinitely. If I 'pause' that folder sync on the phone, the arrows remain. Doesn't seem to matter if I have 'automatically sync' checked or not. I have to uninstall the app for the network usage to stop.

Answer for #0

versions are incompatible, version on app store is out of date, downloading apk from online manually

Problem #1

When I use the client's web interface to generate a "read only" QR code so there is only a one-way sync from the laptop to the phone, the app on the phone won't accept the code, complains "Invalid Secret". I manually verified the secret is correct with what is on the laptop but it just won't accept it.

Answer for #1

I was finally able to get it to accept a read-only key by using a much less complex secret

--nevermind I found a 1.1.42 apk posted online. thanks for your time

The latest official .apk from BitTorrent Inc is for 1.1.23 and available in the Google Play Store here. If you've "found" a 1.1.42 apk posted online, it is almost certainly NOT an official BitTorrent Sync build, and so should be avoided!