btsync (linux x86) quit after it started

scegg

hi.

I'm trying to run btsync (1.1.70) on net5501-60 (433Mhz AMD Geode LX, 256MB). OS is ubuntu server 12.04.2 LTS.

./btsync --help can display text without problem. I think I should downloaded the right bin file.

after running ./btsync, it will quit within 2 secs.

Any reason?

How to get the log / debug info?

Thanks.

I have the same problem (ALIX 2D13). I suppose that btsync needs a minimum of memory to start. Let's wait for the next version. Someone told me, that there will be a dramatical improvement in the memory footprint....

BTW: Consider using a minimal Debian - Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS uses lots of memory in comparison to Debian...

I have the same problem (ALIX 2D13). I suppose that btsync needs a minimum of memory to start. Let's wait for the next version. Someone told me, that there will be a dramatical improvement in the memory footprint....

BTW: Consider using a minimal Debian - Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS uses lots of memory in comparison to Debian...

Thanks for your information.

But from the information of landscape-sysinfo, the memory usage is only 11%, in another word, there is more than 200MB free mem still.

and, I can read this message:

BitTorrent Sync forked to background. pid = xxx

Still dont know why it stops working

I suppose that also 200MB is still not enough. I'm running my ALIX with Debian and I have tested it without any other program running except for OpenSSH (more than 200 MB free) but it still stops without any information.

BTW: If you want more debug information, you should create a file named debug.txt in the storage_path of btsync containing "FFFF":

If your storage_path is a directory named .btsync under your current path, you can do it this way:

echo FFFF > .btsync/debug.txt

I suppose that also 200MB is still not enough. I'm running my ALIX with Debian and I have tested it without any other program running except for OpenSSH (more than 200 MB free) but it still stops without any information.

BTW: If you want more debug information, you should create a file named debug.txt in the storage_path of btsync containing "FFFF":

If your storage_path is a directory named .btsync under your current path, you can do it this way:

echo FFFF > .btsync/debug.txt

hi.

my btsync is located in the / and i place a debug.txt with FFFF within the same folder -- /

after starting btsync and quit. nothing more than FFFF is written in debug.txt

I've installed a debian server which is required less memory. but btsync cannot start either. free mem is about 90MB.

Waiting for further release...

• 3 weeks later...

after running ./btsync, it will quit within 2 secs.

Any reason?

How to get the log / debug info?

When I was first installing btsync on Debian, this would happen when there was an error in the configuration file.

Look for logs in /var/log/user.log

You might get an error like this:

Aug 17 17:02:40 HOST btsync.INSTANCE: Failed to start btsync instance INSTANCE - please check the configuration file /etc/btsync/INSTANCE.conf

• 1 month later...